The Melanie Pillbox hat is knitted in 3 pieces and consists of a mixture of wintery Aran cables and seed stitches.
• 6.5” x 7” x 2”
• 1 – 1.76oz/50g skein of Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK; 75% Extra Fine Merino / 20% Silk / 5% Cashmere.
• US 5/ 3.75mm needles, OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• 10”x10” piece of lining fabric of your choosing.
• Buckram Frame
• Millinery Elastic
• Millinery Comb (optional)
24 stitches and 28 rows = 4”/10cm over Stockinet stitch. TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE
HOW TO WEAR:
• The Melanie sits atop of your head, it is not meant to fit snuggly at the ears.
• The elastic secures the hat in place on your head. The elastic is tucked under your hair (not under your chin).
• A hair comb may be added for extra support
If you need help procuring the buckram frame and/or millinery elastic, please let me know, I have a few available.
♥ ♥ ♥