The Colette Sun Hat will crochet up in a breeze, literally! This simple yet elegant design will surely leave everyone at the pool speechless!
• Crown: 7” diameter for 22” circumference.
(Instructions are provided for smaller or bigger crown measurements as well)
• Brim: 5.5”
• For solid hat you will need 3-4 skeins.
• For stripe hat you will need 2 and 2 of 1.76oz/50g skein of Dandoh; 100% Lin- en. (124yds)
NOTE: I have only made these crocheted hats using this yarn. It is a little on the coarse side so it holds well. I cannot guarantee the results with a substituted yarn. Perhaps a hemp yarn could work well, but I would refrain from using silk, esp.
• US 3 / 3.25mm Hook
• 2 yds of 16 gauge Millinery wire
• Millinery fabric sti ener
• Crown Shaper of your choice.
• 1/4 yd of fabric of your choice
• 2 yds of 7/8 or 1” Gros Grain Ribbon
The first 12rows= 7” diameter for 22” circumference. TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE
The millinery materials needed for this hat are readily available in various millinery online stores and Etsy.
♥ ♥ ♥